After having some good luck + thoroughly enjoying my apple cider donuts (yeah, those were gone quickly!), I wanted to try making a cake version for the holidays – this time with some added fun. Yes, I made an apple cider rum bundt cake Now this recipe is refined sugar free + gluten free, so yeah – also guilt-free!
This bundt cake turned out super soft + rich in flavor. I definitely plan on using this recipe as a base for more cakes to come!
A few notes: If you don’t feel like adding the rum, totally fine! If you want a bit more sweetness, add an additional 1/4 cup of maple syrup to the recipe. I know my family isn’t totally used to the ‘refined-sugar free’ options. Also, if you don’t want to make the apple toppings, skip it!
Now go enjoy the apple cider rum bundt cake + let me know what you think!
Apple Cider Rum Bundt Cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup Bacardi Rum (or any rum you like!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts **optional
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp Bacardi Rum
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ cup apple cider
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl: maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, apple cider, rum
- Slowly add dry ingredients: salt, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg + shredded apples
- Mix all together, folding the dry ingredients in(If needed, add additional flour)
- In a sauce pan, put stove on high heat
- Chop apples into thin slices
- Add cinnamon + mix
- Add apples into saucepan
- Quickly add in the apple cider, maple syrup + rum
- Mix together + let soften, once soft, turn heat off and let cool
- In your bundt pan, make sure you spray with non-stick spray and then add the apples to the bottom of the of the pan.
- Add in cake mixture on top
- Place in oven for 40min or until middle is cooked
- Let cool + enjoy!