Indulgent AND healthy!? Well, I’m not a nutritionist so I can’t verify the healthy part but I can tell you that it’s definitely delicious. Chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect for anniversaries, Valentine’s day or a random Tuesday when you’re just feeling it. ?
The nice thing about it too, is that they aren’t super hard to make, can be customized your liking and if they don’t end up looking pretty – it doesn’t matter cause again they’ll still taste delicious! ?
What you need:
4 oz of dark/milk chocolate
8 oz strawberries (or a typical store container size)
crushed nuts (optional)
What you do:
- Get a sauce pan or fondue pot on low heat on stove
- Crush the chocolate (if you have a large block) into smaller pieces – if you’re using dark/milk chocolate chips – ignore this step
- Have a plate ready to go – once you dip the strawberries in the chocolate you need to keep moving and have somewhere to put them
- Wash the strawberries AND dry them
- Add the chocolate into the fondue pot
- Keep stirring chocolate as it will start melting fairly quickly and you want to make sure you don’t burn it.
- Once all chocolate is melted, start dipping the strawberries in. The best way to do this is to go at an angle and twist the strawberry for full chocolaty coverage.
- Optional: Add your crushed nuts or topping on top of chocolate strawberry.
- Keep doing last 2 steps for each strawberry
- Place the plate into the refrigerator for chocolate to cool.
- Once cooled, it’s time to enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this little indulgence! ??
Until next time,