Baking season has officially begun for me this year. Really, it’s baking season almost year round, but during the summer it gets a bit too hot to turn the oven on all the time. With my trips to the local farmers market in full swing and a ton of zucchini in my fridge, it was only time that I made some zucchini bread. However, this time there’s a twist! Dark chocolate zucchini bread muffins with walnuts! This recipe is also refined sugar free + gluten free, which means, you’re pretty much eating a salad.
Now if you don’t want to, the walnuts are optional, but if I don’t add walnuts I inevitably hear my mom telling me that whatever I made would’ve tasted better with nuts.. so I add nuts when I can. You can also opt for normal bread, rather than muffins just by changing the pan and upping the bake time for roughly 10-15 more mins.
The photography was a lot of fun to do as well + lucky for you, there are some new photos in the digital library for FREE! I honestly loved using the blue velvet backdrop and thought it worked perfectly for a spooky vibe. Don’t forget to Pin your favorite + the recipe so you can make these delicious dark chocolate zucchini bread muffins with walnuts.
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread Muffins With Walnuts Recipe
2 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cups crushed dark chocolate
1/4 cup crushed walnuts *optional
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together wet ingredients in bowl: maple syrup, vanilla, eggs
3. Slowly add dry ingredients: salt, almond flour, baking soda, shredded zucchini
4. Mix all together, folding the dry ingredients in
5. Add the dark chocolate chips (or crushed pieces) + walnuts
6. For muffins: use olive oil spray to coat the muffin pan and add 1/4 cup of baking mix into each cup
7. Place in oven for 18-20mins. (depending on oven, I’d set timer for 15min and go from there). Check to see if they are ready by using a toothpick or fork and gently poking a hole inside. If it’s clean, they you’re good!
8. Take out of oven and place on cooling rack
LEAVE A COMMENT! What did you think of the recipe? Love it?