I’ve been wanting to try and make vegan Golden Milk for quite some time now. I love using turmeric in my dishes & cooking plus with the added health benefits of turmeric and ginger, I had a feeling I’d really enjoy it. To make it vegan, I simply swapped out regular dairy for a non dairy alternative. At this point I’ve tried making it with both almond milk and vanilla soy milk. They’re both equally good and can’t really decide on a favorite. When I first made golden milk, I did forget to add in the ginger (whoops), and I think it tastes really good without it! Ginger adds a bit of a kick and I was using freshly ground ginger so if you feel that it’s too empowering of a flavor, then maybe start with either no ginger or less than the amount listed below. I honestly think I’m going to try and swap out my morning coffee for some vegan golden milk. Plus, my secret ingredient is espresso powder so there’s still caffeine in it, right?! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric ground)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder* (optional)
- Put small saucepan on medium low heat
- Add almond milk or soy milk to saucepan
- Add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, maple syrup and espresso powder* to almond or soy milk in saucepan
- Mix in saucepan for 5 minutes or until milk is a golden color
- Let cool and pour in mug
- Sip and enjoy!