Found some fresh cranberries at the store and I figured this felt like a good time to learn how to make sme cranberry jam. Plus, I wanted to make some cranberry baked brie + cranberry coconut swirl cookies. This was my first time making homemade cranberry jam, and although I’m not typically a jam type of person – it is delicious! I traded some more natural ingredients for this recipe so it’s vegan + refined-sugar free! Still so damn good!
Homemade Cranberry Jam Recipe
12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
1/2 cup freshly squeezed oranges (about 2 1/2 oranges)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon (really just put a dash or two) nutmeg
How to make:
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepace on high heat (and cover) until it boils
2. Once all the cranberries pop (yup, that happens) + it boiled, turn down heat to medium. Stir occasionaly for 30mins.
3. Optional: add more cinnamon + nutmeg
4. Once in a jam consistency, turn off heat and place in a sealable container.
5. Either enjoy or place in fridge for later!