In todays video tutorial I’ll be going over how to add custom colors to Squarespace 7.1. This is part of our Squarespace Basics series that’s geared to help beginners use the platform and gain confidence. I’m a big believer on using platforms that work best for you and your business which is why build websites for my clients on either WordPress DIVI, Shopify or Squarespace depending on their needs. (You can learn more about my services here).
Affiliate Disclaimer: Please note this post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will make a commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
This video will go over where to add custom colors to section themes and how to choose custom colors using tools Squarespace privdes. These includes creating a palette from an image, from a color, using a designer palette or adding your own custom colors if you have them all ready. This is a great way to either get a palette together if you’re just starting out or add in your own brand colors so the website can be customized to fit your brand! Step by step guide below the video. Hope this helps!
Get 10% off your first Squarespace subscription by clicking here & adding the promo code Partner10!
Watch the how to add custom colors to squarespace 7.1
Steps to get to the color palette:
1. Squarespace Dashboard > Design > Colors
2. Click Edit on Color Palette
3. Choose how you’d prefer to select your colors. Options are designer palette, from image, from color or custom colors
4. If you don’t have your brand colors, I suggest choosing from image, color or a designer palette
5. If you already have your brand colors, choose ‘Custom Colors’
6. You can type your hex colors within each color option or select from the box below. Make sure you’re saving when you’re done!
7. You can customize each ‘Section Theme’ by clicking ‘Section Themes’, selecting your color theme and updating color by individual options provided.
8. Make sure when you’re done and happy to click Save. Then you’re done!