In todays video tutorial I’ll be showing you how to create a discount in Shopify. This is perfect for anyone who has a Shopify store and wants to have a sale or promotion anytime of the year. For example, buy 2 get 1 free, get 10% off, get a discount off your first purchase, etc. I recently launched my own Shopify shop with all types of online goods & creative resources for businesses and I have a promotion running for all first time customers!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Please note this post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will make a commission at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
If you are running a promotion that requires the customer to use a code, I highly recommend having them sign up to your email list or email newsletter in order to gain access to the discount! This will help you grow your list and stay in contact with them longer. I do this personally for my own shop and not only do they get 15% off their first purchase but they also get access to 25+ free resources inside the digital library!
Again, this is for the Shopify platform so make sure you have a store already so you can set this up. This is a quick and easy to follow tutorial but hopefully it helps!
Watch the video for How To Create A Discount In Shopify below:
Here are the steps on how to add a discount to Shopify:
1. Go to your Shopify Dashboard Page
2. On the left hand side, you’ll see an option that says Discount. Click that.
3. It will show you two options: Discount Codes or Automatic Discounts. This will give you information on past discounts you’ve created.
4. On the upper right hand, click on the button that says “Create Discount”
5. You will have the option between Discount Codes or Automatic Discounts. Select your preference.
6. Based on the option you choose, you will need to fill out the information required. Including: discount name, types (percentage, fixed amount, free shipping, buy x get y), value, minimum requirements, eligibility & expiration date.
7. Then click the custom cursor file you just uploaded under Manage Custom Files. It should automatically copy and paste the link inbetween the parentheses.
8. Click save
9. You now have a discount! Test it to double check that it works and then share!