Recently saw a recipe for a beet salad in a cookbook I checked out from the local public library. It looked delicious and kept meaning to make it myself. I ended up forgetting and having to return the book but I finally decided to make my own roasted beet + spinach salad. Not entirely sure if this was the same recipe or not, but it still tasted pretty damn good!
The great thing about roasted beets is that you can also eat them as chips or a snack on the side (without the salad part) and they’re still tasty. When it comes to the salad, I always recommend mixing and matching other ingredients into it. Other ingredients could be carrots, different raw nuts, jicama or avocado. This salad was mostly done with what I had on hand. I’m hoping to remake the roasted beets again when I have some fresh rosemary. Until then, enjoy making (and eating) this roasted beet + spinach salad!
Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 beet
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1/4 cup broccoli crown
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Thinly slice beets and rinse
- Place beets on baking sheets and add olive oil and salt
- Put beets in oven for 12-15 minutes
- Cut spinach, romaine lettuce and broccoli crown and rinse
- Mix spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli crowns in bowl then add in the walnuts
- Once beets are ready let cool and mix into salad bowl
- Add olive oil and lemon for dressing
- Take a bit and enjoy!